Yet another Bulletin Board 2.6
What's New in 2.6
New and Enhanced Features:
- Event Calendar
- Timed banning
- Admin choice to keep AddTab and EditTab visible
- Enhanced anti-spam verification for Guest posting, password reset, Guest Event posting
- https and ftp urls in AddTab tabs
- IP banning from error log and registration log.
- Admin editable anti-spam additions to standard captcha (AKA ggn's captcha hack)
- Admin input on default charset for English language pack - also forms with text input have had code added to force input to stay in designated language charset.
- Admin max characters in posts
- Admin edit for the honeypot text
- Print IMs
- Attachments in IM
- IM Sender and subject in Email subject line.
- Print individual posts
- Admin choice to show Search Box, also Admin can set maximum age of posts searched.
- Admin choice - show only Page Load times instead of entire debug list when in debug mode.
- Moderator position and assigned boards shows in Member Profile.
- Forum Moderator position
- Board Passwords
- Board Rules
- External Board Links
- CSS buttons
- Big Board Helps
- Admin set-able length for adminlog
- Administrator Group IPs showing for user admin and Administator Group in Profile
- Time Zone selection by location (auto adjusts DST based on selected Time Zone). Needs DateTime::TimeZone module.
- Multilingual Censor - all available censor files are used for all languages.
- Security fixes for click.log and user.log, refactored user data loading.
- YaBB.js QuickLink bug
- winlinkweb/buddy list bug
- multiple words in alt tag bug
- negative incrementing of IM numbers with Moderator alert PMs
- Guests appearing as 'ex-members'
- Guest name formatting when Printing topic.
- read BMs sent to groups bug
- non-working DST detector (it only picked up DST on the SERVER)
- time discrepancy fixes (UTC versus local servertime - this can differ by as much as 12 hours and comparing one to the other causes problems)
- /me code reformatted
- old and deprecated css and html removed and/or converted to CSS
- most html code moved into additional templates for ease of editing.
Spelling, Text and Instruction and Images Fixes:
- Updated Quick Guide
- Language fixes/improvement
More: Easy conversion from earlier versions of YaBB - no more 'copy this and that file to here and there and edit them'. Just copy your old data files into the appropriate Convert folders and YaBB does it for you, including transferring your old settings to your new forum.